Essential qualifications, certificates and/or licenses required for this position
- Bachelor of Teaching Early Childhood (birth-5 years early childhood settings; 5-8 years primary school)
- Diploma in Children’s Services (birth-12 years including before and after school care)
- Senior First Aid
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- First aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- Certified to Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm
I have over a decade’s experience in the Education & Care sector, working with children from birth to 12 years.
Throughout my career I have enjoyed the opportunity to work in a number of different childcare environments including as an Early Childhood Teacher, Room Leader and Nominated Supervisor in early education centres.
I have also worked as a qualified primary school teacher, teaching Kindergarten to year six, at a number of public schools within Sydney’s southern suburbs.
Working with children from birth to five years is extremely rewarding to me. My teaching qualifications and experience ensures I’m well placed to promote the children’s development in the areas of literacy, numeracy, social and emotional skills, physical development and cognitive growth. Some of the aspects I find most rewarding include:
- planning and implementing educational experiences for each child’s individual interests and abilities
- providing spontaneous learning opportunities
- fostering children's love of learning
- learning from, and with the children
The children in my service receive an outstanding learning and care service, within a very warm, secure and nurturing setting.
About my service
My Family Day Care service - Cuddles & Giggles Family Day Care - is a member of Family Day Care Australia and a part of Sutherland Shire Council's long-standing Family Day Care program.
I provide quality early education and care for all children within my service. A key part of my service includes building strong relationships with each child and family, and encouraging their input into the children's curriculum.
School readiness begins as soon as your child commences care. To ensure all children develop the required skills and knowledge prior to starting school, I formulate individually tailored school readiness programs for the children.
We also incorporate many special events into our learning program. The children are encouraged to reflect and nominate the experiences they would like to enjoy and learn about.
Each child has a portfolio consisting of observations, follow ups, developmental milestones, special events, work samples, and art and craft.
Each day the children enjoy our wonderful indoor and outdoor educational environments, encompassing:
- literacy resources, library books and puzzles
- maths resources
- sand and water play
- arts & craft
- dress ups
- yoga for children
- construction blocks
- trains and tracks
- music and movement
- Munch and Move
- tablet for investigations and educational viewings
Our location is also very close to Cooper Street Park, allowing for regular excursions to the local park.
Flexible hours are available to suit your family’s care needs.
About my facilities
Cuddles & Giggles Family Day Care offers three quality spaces:
The indoor environment has been renovated specifically for my Family Day Care service and features many learning areas including:
- Interactive toys for cognitive development, puzzles, books, alphabet cards with images at children’s level, flash cards, games.
- Art and craft trolley accessible at all times, along with an art easel and table.
- Access to technology (tablet) for investigations, and educational viewings.
- High ceilings, window, sliding door with fly screen, air conditioned, colourful, homely environment with a couch, frames on ledges for art appreciation, lots of wooden toys. The indoors flows outdoors at an undercover carport area that we often utilise for shaded mealtimes.
- Each child has their own locker for their bag, a wall hook for hanging hats and winter clothing and space for shoes. A mirror at child height assists with sunscreen application. These facilities encourage the children to develop self-help skills.
- A sleep environment with reverse cycle air-conditioning for comfort. It has kindy beds and a new cot (meeting Australian standards). It is situated next to a comfortable couch and a book corner is available to the children at any time they may need or choose to have some quiet time or a rest.
- Health and hygiene practices, nappy change, toileting. I provide each child with their own hand towel for handwashing. A child sized toilet assists with toilet training.
- A large green yard with plenty of shade for enjoying picnics and play.
- Gross motor skills: toy cars, water play, sand play, nature walks, dancing, instruments, tunnel, balls, hoop, small hoop throwing game, playdough, painting, craft, sensory play and messy play.
Enquiries can be directed to our admin team on 9710 0466