Information related to this page can be found at:
2019 Sutherland Shire Australia Day Awards
HOW TO NOMINATE
Nominations open on Wednesday 1 August 2018 and close Friday 28 September 2018.
You can choose to nominate online or by downloading a nomination form .
If you need a nomination form to be mailed to you, please phone 02 9710 0993.
There are two award categories:
- Citizen of the Year is awarded to a Sutherland Shire citizen who has achieved the most distinguished performance and/or made the most outstanding contribution to the Shire community during 2017/2018.
- Community Group of the Year is awarded to an organised community group based in the Sutherland Shire, which has made the most outstanding contribution to the local community during 2017/2018.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry in the Citizen Of The Year category is open to all persons who are resident in the Sutherland Shire at the time of nomination
- Entry in the Community Group of the Year category is open to all community groups based and operating in the Sutherland Shire
- Nominations must be made on the official form (online or hardcopy). Photocopies are acceptable
- Nominee information and photographs provided will be used on council’s website
- Nominations may be made by an individual or organisation
- You can make more than one nomination from the same organisation (Citizen only)
- Persons cannot nominate themselves for the Citizen of the Year Award
- Community groups may self nominate. The names of the office bearers must be listed
- It is permissible to contact the awards office for advice regarding nominations
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the awards office
- Nominations are judged by councillors
- A minimum of three entries must be received for each category before the judges can select a winner
- Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held in December and again at the Sutherland Shire Council Australia Day celebrations on 26 January 2019
- The council's decision is final
- Entries close on 28 September 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Events & Performing Arts on 02 9710 0993 or firstname.lastname@example.org