Information related to this page can be found at:
2018 Sutherland Shire Australia Day Awards
2018 Australia Day Awards Nomination Form
HOW TO NOMINATE
Nominations open on Tuesday 1 August 2017 and close at 4pm, Friday 29 September 2017.
You can choose to nominate online or by downloading a nomination form .
If you need a nomination form to be mailed to you, please phone 02 9710 0993.
There are three award categories:
- Citizen of the Year is awarded to a Sutherland Shire citizen who has achieved the most distinguished performance and/or made the most outstanding contribution to the Shire community during 2016/2017.
- Young Citizen of the Year is awarded to a Shire resident aged under 26 as at 26/1/2018 who has made a significant contribution to the community during 2016/2017.
- Community Group of the Year is awarded to an organised community group based in the Sutherland Shire, which has made the most outstanding contribution to the local community during 2016/2017.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry in the Citizen Of The Year and Young Citizen Of The Year categories is open to all persons who are resident in the Sutherland Shire at the time of nomination
Entry in the Community Group of the Year category is open to all community groups based and operating in the Sutherland Shire
- Nominations must be made on the official form. Photocopies are acceptable
- Nominee information and photographs provided will be used on council’s website
- Nominations may be made by an individual or organisation
- You can make more than one nomination from the same organisation (Citizen and Young Citizen only)
- Persons cannot nominate themselves for the Citizen and/or Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Community groups may self nominate. The names of the office bearers must be listed
- It is permissible to contact the awards office for advice regarding nominations
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the awards office
- A minimum of three entries must be received for each category before the judges can select a winner
- Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held in November and again at the Sutherland Shire Council Australia Day celebrations on 26 January 2018
- The council's decision is final
- Entries close at 4pm on 29 September 2017
Enquiries can be directed to Events & Performing Arts on 02 9710 0993 or email@example.com