Sutherland Shire boasts a healthy service-led economy characterised by a robust small business sector and low levels of unemployment.
Value added by industry is an indicator of business productivity in Sutherland Shire. It shows how productive each industry sector is at increasing the value of its inputs. It is a more refined measure of the productivity of an industry sector than output (total gross revenue), as some industries have high levels of output but require large amounts of input expenditure to achieve that.
An analysis of the valued added by industry sectors in Sutherland Shire in 2017/18 shows the three largest industries were:
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services ($988 million or 12.3%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance ($897 million or 11.1%)
- Retail Trade ($790 million or 9.8%)
The major differences between the value added by industries of Sutherland Shire and Greater Sydney were:
- A larger percentage of value added by Retail Trade (9.8% compared to 5.0%)
- A larger percentage of value added by Health Care and Social Assistance (11.1% compared to 6.5%)
Enquiries can be directed to Business & Tourism Unit on 9710 0893 or firstname.lastname@example.org