Council has long recognised the importance of a strong local economy and is committed to progressing Sutherland Shire as a prosperous community for all. Our vision for Economic Development:
Building on the appeal of our iconic beaches, waterways and natural parklands, coupled with an emerging profile as one of Sydney’s key employment nodes, Sutherland Shire will be a location of choice for innovative, globally-connected knowledge-based businesses and individuals seeking a prosperous and fulfilling lifestyle.
Sutherland Shire Economic Strategy
The Economic Strategy outlines the key economic outcomes which will contribute to enhancing the vibrancy, liveability, economic diversity and sustainability of the Sutherland Shire. Find out more here.
Sutherland Shire Destination Management Plan
The Destination Management Plan (DMP) presents a set of pragmatic strategies and actions to help guide the development of sustainable tourism and grow the visitor economy. The DMP outlines a series of pathways covering marketing and promotion, product development and investment, and infrastructure and governance to assist the Sutherland Shire in achieving its tourism outcomes.
The Economic Strategy will reflect the priorities identified in the DMP.
Economic Development & Tourism Committee
The Economic Development & Tourism Committee is committed to driving economic and employment growth in the Sutherland Shire. The Committee meets every 6 to 8 weeks and is made up of the following committee members:
- Cr Marie Simone (Chairperson) - A Ward
- Cr Michael Forshaw (Deputy Chairperson) - A Ward
- Cr Carol Provan - A Ward
- Cr Jack Boyd - B Ward
- Cr Steve Simpson - E Ward
- Paul Stonebridge - Westfield Miranda
- Gary O'Riordan - Gary O'Riordan Travel & Tourism Solutions
- Patricia Carroll - St George & Sutherland Community College
- Con Lyras - Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- Christopher Magee - University of Wollongong Southern Sydney
- Jacqui Attard - Realise Business
- Diana Lang, Southern Sydney Business Education Network
- Tony Blain, ShireBiz
- Joanne Ryan, Sutherland Shire Business Chamber
- Shaun Elwood, NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
Enquiries can be directed to Business & Tourism Unit on 9710 0892 or email@example.com