Council is undertaking a economic development initiative inviting cafes in select commercial precincts to participate in a six month trial of earlier opening hours to allow them to meet the increasing demand of servicing early morning commuters, swimmers, walkers, bike riders and active local residents.
Cafes located in the Cronulla centre; Gymea Bay Road between President Avenue and Kingsway; and Kirrawee Oak Road between President Avenue and Flora Street are invited to participate in this trial.
The trial will run from 13 March 2017 to 12 March 2018 with participation by qualifying businesses on a voluntary basis.
Feedback from businesses will be assessed following the conclusion of the trial.
Register to participate in the early opening cafe trial
Terms and conditions
To achieve a balance of business operation and public enjoyment of amenity, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Open for inside and take-away trade at 5:30am (furniture may be stacked outside if required);
- Outdoor seating available for patrons from 6:30am;
- No deliveries by vehicles larger than three tonnes prior to 7:00am;
- No amplified sounds audible outside the premises prior to 7:00am;
- All care taken by staff to minimise noise (e.g. no dragging of furniture or banging of spent coffee into bins);
- Staff to use best endeavours to manage and educate patrons to respect neighbours;
- Any special, site specific consent conditions about the management of the cafe to be observed (e.g. keeping a particular door or window closed to contain noise);
- The intent of existing plans of management to be observed.
Operators wishing to take advantage of the trial would need to also take responsibility for managing the impacts of their business on residential neighbours.
Enquiries can be directed to Sutherland Shire Council on 02 9710 0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org