Who can apply?
- Non-profit community groups and charitable organisations can hold a stall on council footpaths and locations. The Charitable Fundraising Number (CFN) and/or Certificate of Incorporation must accompany an application request. If you are fund-raising on behalf of a registered charity you must also provide a “Letter of Authority” from that charity with your application.
- Activities need to be non-commercial in nature and can include fundraising activities such as raffles or cake stalls.
- If selling food, NSW Food Authority Guidelines must be adhered to. There is a section in the guidelines for charities and community groups as some exemptions apply. If you need advice about a temporary food stall, you can call council on 9701 0333 and ask to speak to a Health Officer.
Casual leasing provides the opportunity to promote your business/service through the short term/temporary hire of a location situated in town centres.
- Registered charities and community groups can apply to have a stall or the like maximum of 3 times per year and no more than once in a month.
- Casual leasing is not available to traders.
- Casual lease bookings are limited to 1 operator per day.
- You may hand out flyers/brochures at your stall/site provided you stay within a metre of the site.
Product sampling is form of sales promotion in which consumers are given a free trial sample of a brand so as to induce them to later purchase it. Cronulla is a great place for businesses to launch a new product or run ongoing promotional activities.
- Product Sampling is only permitted at Peryman Square.
Locations and sites
There are multiple locations to choose from for casual leasing and product sampling throughout the Cronulla Plaza area and at Peryman Square.
Areas for lease range from 3x3 metre sites up to super size product sampling areas such as the Pavilion Stage and Peryman Square.
Engadine, Gymea, Jannali and Sutherland
Casual lease sites outside of Cronulla are only permitted in the suburbs of Engadine, Gymea, Jannali and Sutherland. Stalls are only permitted on the footpaths and are not permitted within Engadine Town Square.
Requests for casual leasing outside of Cronulla
, must gain the approval from the proprietor of the premises outside which you wish to conduct your stall is essential. Please complete the Business Proprietor Approval Form
and attach this with your online application.
- Casual Leasing Cronulla - $52
- Casual Leasing Rest of the Sutherland Shire - $25
- Product sampling Cronulla - $206 per hour per site.
Fees are payable prior to your casual lease booking.
To cover customer incidents, $20 million public liability insurance is required for all bookings. Evidence of this must accompany your application or approval will not be granted.
Only dates covered by your current certificate of currency will be approved.
Terms and conditions
Once bookings for casual leasing or product sampling are confirmed you will be required to sign our terms and conditions which must be returned prior to midday the business day prior to the booking.
You can request to change your booking date and allocated site - contact us on 9710 0891.
Advise us by 8am on the day of the booking if you are cancelling due to weather, we will assist with rescheduling.
Policies and documents
Cronulla casual leasing and product sampling sites
Casual Leasing and-Product Sampling Terms and Conditions.pdf
Cronulla Casual Leasing or Product Sampling Application
Enquiries can be directed to Economic and Community Development Unit on 9710 0891 or email@example.com