Business Rules and Permits

Within this section


Early Cafe Opening Trial

Notification of early cafe opening 6 month trial to be held between 13 March to 17 September 2017.

Food Business

Operating a food business without consent is an offence. New owners should check their site to see if it has appropriate development consent to operate a food business.

Outdoor Eating Areas

If you want to use the footpath area outside a cafe or restaurant to place tables and chairs for an outdoor eating area, you need to apply to council for approval.

Home Based Business

Approval and signage information about home based businesses.

Filming and Photography

Council welcomes film projects and adheres to the Local Government Filming Protocol guidelines.

Outdoor Commercial Fitness and Training

Council allows approved individual personal trainers and commercial training groups to operate in certain open spaces around the Shire.


Busking is only allowed in a specific area of Cronulla and a licence is not required.

Mobile Food Vending

Mobile food vending regulations for public areas, at community markets and events, and on private land.

Cronulla Casual Leasing and Product Sampling

Local registered charities and community groups can apply to have a stall or the like at Cronulla Beach CBD a maximum of 3 times per year and no more than once in a month.

A Frame Signage

Approval is required for the use of A frame advertising outside businesses.

Skin Penetration Salons

All skin penetration businesses (excluding registered acupuncturists) must be registered with us prior to commencing operation.

Trade Parking Permits

Trade Parking Permits allows trades people to obtain a permit for a work vehicle which exempts the vehicle from time limited parking restrictions imposed by sign posting such as 1P, 2P, 4P parking limits.

Shopfront Displays

To use the footpath area outside a shop for display purposes, you need to apply to council for approval.

Street Stalls (Community Groups and Charities)

Non profit community groups and charitable organisations can hold a stall on council footpaths and locations.

Clothing Appeal Collection Bins

Clothing Appeal Collection Bins on Council Land
Early Cafe Opening Trial application Cronulla market approved stallholder Include your stall in the next Cronulla Markets Food business registrations Outdoor commercial fitness and training permit Outdoor commercial fitness and training permit renewal Filming and photography permit Mobile food vending permit Skin penetration salon registration Street Stall Applications (Community Groups and Charities) Casual leasing or product sampling at Cronulla Trade parking permit Outdoor eating area permit Shopfront display permit Street Stall Applications (Community Groups and Charities)

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

Please type the characters you see in the picture below

Please type the code in the box above