Prince Edward Park Seawall Upgrade, Woronora
Upgrade of the Forbes Creek frontage including a new sea wall, viewing deck, furniture and planting.
Reason For Works
Implementation of the first phase of the Prince Edward Park Masterplan.
In order to protect and enhance the Woronora River foreshore, Council has undertaken Stage 1 of the construction of an environmentally friendly seawall at Prince Edward Park at Woronora. This upgrade ensures the strength and stability of the foreshore, improves the appearance of the seawall, provides more usable space for recreation and provides greater public amenity.
Scope of works
The upgrade included the following works:
- Rip rap retaining walls that allow planting of intertidal flora;
- Stairs with handrails to enable safe access to the riverbed;
- A ramp to allow safe access to the riverbed for kayaks and the mobility impaired;
- Viewing platforms / decks;
- A river edge pathway;
- Mooring cleats to allow small craft to be safely secured;
- Picnic furniture and
- Intertidal saltmarsh planting.
View the plans
Construction of major works - December 2012
The majority of the construction works were completed and opened to the public in December 2012.
Construction of minor works - March 2013
Minor works incuding picnic furniture and soft landscaping and turfing were completed in March 2013.