Lodge a development application
Christmas neighbour notifcation period
Notification of development applications over the Christmas period does not include the days of 25 December 2013 to 7 January 2014 inclusive as "public consultation" days.
To avoid getting caught up in the last minute rush, DAs should be lodged by close of business 3 December to enable notifcation to start by 10 December.
The last DA advertising in the Leader for 2013 is the 17 December 2013 edition. The first DA advertising in the Leader for 2014 will be the 14 January 2014 edition.
How do I make an application?
- Read the Development Application Guide.
- Download and complete the Application form.
- Download and complete the Required Information Sheet for your proposed development type.
- Consider if you need to declare any affiliations or political donations.
- Visit council's Customer Service Centre with all forms completed and required documents during lodgement hours (8.30am - 4.00pm Mon to Fri).
Changes to lodgement requirements
Estimating the cost of development
Council has decided to adopt the NSW Government's new recommended approach to calculating the genuine estimated cost of development. This involves a new cost assessment sheet at the end of our development application form, as well as a change to the thresholds for needing professional calculation of the estimated cost. More information about these changes is available from our DA Guide and the development application form, both available by clicking on the links below.
Contact council's Customer Service Centre on 9710 0333 for a quote of your development application fee.
Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 4.00pm
Customer Service Centre
Ph 9710 0333
Address 4-20 Eton Street, Sutherland