Lodge a development application
How do I make an application?
- Read the Development Application Guide.
- Download and complete the Application form.
- Download and complete the Required Information Sheet for your proposed development type.
- Consider if you need to declare any affiliations or political donations.
- Consider submitting a Development Application Quote Request online.
- Visit council's Customer Service Centre with all forms completed and required documents during lodgement hours (8.30am - 4.00pm Mon to Fri).
Changes to lodgement requirements
Soft copy lodgement
From 1 January 2015 council will accept plans and information in soft copy by USB or disc. Electronic lodgement will save applicants the expense of providing multiple sets of colour copies of plans and photos and allow council to implement more efficient administration of the application and save time.
New DA form and checklists
We're working hard to make it easier for you to lodge your development application. We've started by making some changes to our DA form. We've shortened and simplfied it to make it easier to read and use.
We're also working on simplifying our required information checklists, which will happen over the coming weeks. Forms and checklists are available by clicking on the links below.
Even more changes will happen with the expected introduction of the new NSW Planning Act later in the year. In the meantime, we think it's important to make as many worthwhile changes as we can.
The following section contain guidelines, information checklists and application forms.
Contact council's Customer Service Centre on 9710 0333 for a quote of your development application fee.
Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 4.00pm
Customer Service Centre
Ph 9710 0333
Address 4-20 Eton Street, Sutherland